FHRCO offers a wide range of articles related to your health and healthcare regulation in Ontario.
Do you want to know more about:
- Being wary about using online medical advice?
- Information about your healthcare providers?
Click here to find out how regulators care about your care.
Some facts about new Colleges:
- There are now 26 health regulatory colleges in Ontario:
- The College of Homeopaths of Ontario and the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario were proclaimed April 1, 2015.
- The College of Naturopaths of Ontario was proclaimed, effective July 1, 2015.
Some facts about Professions:
- Four colleges regulate more than one profession:
- College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- College of Chiropodists of Ontario (also regulates podiatrists)
- College of Psychologists of Ontario (also regulates psychological associates)
- Ontario College of Pharmacists (also regulates pharmacy technicians)
Some facts about Regulation:
- The Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) is the legislation that governs Ontario's health professional regulators (i.e., regulatory "colleges").
- The 26 RHPA colleges regulate over 300,000 healthcare professionals in Ontario.